Showing posts from December, 2007

Activate IPV6 on e-smith (sme server)

Free ISP has just launch ipv6 on their network. Free is the best ISP in france for geeks ;) and it's also my ISP... So... as ipv6 is available, I'd like to play with it... Here is the steps I've followed to activate the ipv6 supports on my e-smith server (sme server) 7.2. I've read the following howto to get this working : Kernel To check if ipv6 is activated on your system, run the following command : test -f /proc/net/if_inet6 && echo "Running kernel is IPv6 ready" If it display "Running kernel is IPv6 ready", then your system is ready for ipv6. By default, it's not the case on the e-smith. You can load the ipv6 module by executing the following command : modprobe ipv6 The command is silent (if no error, no message is displayed) Run the previous test again, it should now succeed. In order, this module to be loaded automatically, you need to have this line in /etc/modprobe.conf : alias n

samba mount with accent support

I'm still coding my extjs explorer and another issue I had is that I wanted to browse directory that are mounted windows shares (windows 2003 server). As I'm french, and i've some files with accent, and with the default e-smith configuration, the accent are not displayed properly. Here is what I did to have accent displayed properly : First you need to configure the linux box to properly display accents. This is done through /etc/sysconfig/i18n configuration file. The e-smith is configured with the en_US charset (which means no accents ;) ) : Here is what I put in the configuration file : LANG="fr_FR@euro" SUPPORTED="fr_Fr@euro:fr_FR:fr" SYSFONT="lat0-sun16" SYSFONTACM="iso15" If you use a different charset that fr_FR, you should set the correct value for your language. Notice that for this file, the e-smith template system does not use the berkley database (db set-prop) but the file itself as for fstab file. Once you've updat

e-smith server and the php open_basedir restriction

I use the sme server (previously called e-smith) as a server (file, http etc...) and gateway to my private network (btw : it's working great for years now (since version 5) and really easy to install and reinstall). I'm working on a file browser with extjs & php and I had to face the open_basedir restriction. In order to get rid off this restriction here is what I did : First I use the template(-custom) system to alter the way the httpd.conf is generated : mkdir -p /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf/ cp /etc/e-smith/templates/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf/95AddType00PHP2ibays /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf/ #edit the file vi /etc/e-smith/templates-custom/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf/95AddType00PHP2ibays and replace $OUT .= " php_admin_value open_basedir $basedir\n"; by if($basedir eq 'NONE') { $OUT .= " #desactivated with 'NONE' value : php_admin_value open_basedir $basedir\n"; } else